Microsoft Outlook 2016 keeps asking for a password.
2 fixes for this issue, try each one in order and test.
Fix 1- Credential Manager-
- Close “Microsoft Outlook” >> Click on “Start” button >> type "Credential” in the search box >>you will then see ‘Credential Manager’ >> Click on “Credential Manager”.
- Under “Generic Credentials”, you will most likely see an entry that has Outlook in the name.
- Delete it. In fact, you can delete all the entries in Generic Credentials if you like.
- Delete any entries that correspond with the email server that you are using.
- Close Credential Manager Window and start “Microsoft Outlook”.
- If it asks for a password, enter the password and check for it to remember the password.
- A new entry will be created in the credential vault with your latest login and password.
Fix 2- Registry Edit-
Add the following entries as REG_DWORD values
Open regedit- and add
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover ExcludeExplicitO365Endpoint to 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover ExcludeExplicitO365Endpoint to 1
WARNING- Use registry editor at your own risk. Your computer may not boot if you use the editor incorrectly.
Holland will not be responsible for any damage caused by any issues caused by editing the registry.